10 Benefits of Essential Oils
By Hayley Hobson
I woke up on Christmas Eve of 2012 unable to move. After vomiting for 6 days, I finally crawled in to see my family doctor. “An gastro-intesintal bug,” she said. “You’ll have to wait it out.”
I was not satisfied with her diagnoses. I couldn’t stand up. I couldn’t walk. I couldn’t hold my daughter. I could’t function. From the core of my body, I knew my issues lay deeper. Down my throat. Up my butt. Tubes everywhere. I needed answers. It had been weeks and I was getting no closer to light at the end of a tunnel.
“Irritable bowel disease,” they said. The diagnosis they give when they don’t have an answer. “Thank you very much,” I said. I’ve had the same BS diagnosis for 20 years. But there it was, inflammation from my esophagus to my rectum. My entire gut was inflamed and my liver and kidneys had stopped working.
I knew my health was in my hands now. It was up to me to heal myself. And at that moment I gave myself the power to be a healer. I cleaned up my diet and discovered the benefits of essential oils.
It’s hard to believe I did not know the value, beauty, and benefits of essential oils before then. Essential oils are now an integral part of my life.
I have now discovered the benefits of essential oils for EVERYTHING!
Using the benefits of Essential Oils you can treat colds, sinus issues, stomach aches, anxiety, mood management, sleep issues, cleaning, and disinfecting. I bet you didn’t know they had that many uses, did you?!
Most people don’t. Just like me, They hear about essential oils and think they are used for aromatherapy purposes only. They don’t understand the power behind what I now call Nature’s Medicine.
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are liquid extracts distilled from plants such as flowers, trees, and aromatic herbs. They provide protection for the plants by repelling harmful insects. They are very concentrated and it often takes an ENTIRE plant (or more) to produce a single drop of oil.
Their pleasant aromas from the oils have been known to balance moods, lift spirits, get rid of negative emotions, and even create a romantic atmosphere.
Essential oils are more than just a pleasant aroma. Historically, they have been used to kill viruses, fungi, and bacteria. If you’re skeptical and need scientific data for yourself in order to become a believe, click HERE.
10 Benefits of Essential Oils
- Essential oils are anti-fungal, antiviral, anti-macrobial, anti-parasitic, anti-infectious, and antiseptic. Essential oils can combat infectious disease by killing off viruses, bacteria or other pathogens. Some oils have been shown to destroy all tested viruses and bacteria.
- Essential oils can act on both your mind and your body. Their aromas can be stimulating both psychologically and physically. Their aromas can also be very calming and sedating. Inhaling aromas is extremely powerful. Aromatic stimuli of your limbic system cause the release of neurotransmitters, including pain-reducing encephalin, pleasure-producing endorphins, relaxing serotonin, and stimulating noradrenaline.
- Essential oils are some of the most powerful known antioxidants. (Determined by an ORAC developed by Tuft University).
- Essential oils are capable of penetrating your cell membranes since they are lipid-soluble. According to Jean V. MD essential oils can affect every cell of the body within 20 minutes, and are then metabolized like other nutrients. An anti-biotic cannot penetrate your cell’s wall.
- Essential oils detoxify your cells and your blood.
- Essential purify the air by eliminating odors from cooking, animals, mold, bacteria and other sources.
- Essential oils are small enough to penetrate every tissue in your skin.
- According to researchers at Vienna University, essential oils stimulate blood flow, which increases your nutrient and oxygen delivery.
- Essential oils can be administered in two ways, either topically or through aromatherapy, and therapeutic grade essential oils can be ingested in certain instances. When applied topically and inhaled, essential oils are absorbed immediately into your blood stream. Oils used aromatically don’t have to go through your digestive system, so they work immediately in your body.
- The essential oils’ versatility makes them fairly inexpensive to use. One bottle goes along way and it can be used for so many different ailments. For example, an oil like lavender helps with relaxation, sleep, bug bites,excema and burns.
You really get a bank for your buck when you invest in the benefits of essential oils.
I have given you ten reasons on the benefits of essential oils. What are you using now to take care of all these things essential oils can do for you? Would you be willing to make a switch and try something new and see if it makes a difference in your life? We’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment in the box below.
About Hayley Hobson
Based in Boulder CO, Colorado, Hayley Hobson creates lifestyle transformations through her expertise in Pilates, nutrition programs and yoga.
If you have found this article on the benefits of Essential Oils informative, spread the love by sharing!