By Tania Reuben
Looking for the ultimate in sustainable back to school supplies? Look no further than The Sustainable Group’s Back to School Kit.
They offer a Green Back to School Kit for $39.99 (shipping included) that contains:
(1) 1.5” ReBinder recycled 3 ring binder
(2) ReBinder replacement covers
(6) RePouch recycled slash pocket dividers
(6) RePocket eco-friendly pocket folders
(2) ReWrite 8×10 recycled notebooks with lined paper
(2) ReWrite 8×10 recycled notebooks with graph paper
(2) ReWrite 5×8 Recycled notebooks with blank paper
(3) ReMark eco-pens
(6) ReSleeve recycled CD sleeves
(3) RePlay recycled CD cases
Not having school aged children myself, I enlisted a few people look it over. A mother of two high school girls, a seventeen year old boy (senior), a twelve year old boy and a school teacher.
The kids all loved the covers – they thought it would be fun to customize the look of their binders with drawings & doodles. Even the toughest audience – the high school senior though it was “cool”. They were all excited to learn why this was a better product for the environment too.
The twelve year old liked that the binder dividers were angled, so contents placed in the folders would stay put.
The teacher and the mother were concerned about how the binder (ReBinder as they call it) would hold up to the rigors of school life. So I investigated further and found out the ReBinder is made with chipboard that is 100 points thick 25-40% thicker than standard Binders on the market as a result you can expect it to be more durable.
When the ReBinder eventually succumbs to the wear and tear your student puts it through, don’t despair. There are 2 replacement covers, unscrew the old one, put the new one on, and you have a brand new binder. When you use up the covers in your kit, you can order more.
When the covers are done, they aren’t only recyclable, they’re compostable too! It is difficult to recycle conventional binders at all – due to how difficult in is to separate the rivets and vinyl from the chipboard and you certainly can’t put them in the compost.
When doing a cost comparison between this Back to School kit and other supplies, be sure to remember that with the covers it’s as if you are getting 3 binders, not 1.
How green are they? The ReBinder, Dividers, Folders, CD cases are 100% Recycled fibers. They are also FSC certified. This is a company that is doing their best to be part of the solution and they have a great line of eco friendly products to go with their mission. The Sustainable Group has been an innovator in sustainable office supplies since 2003 and their products are used by companies like MTV, NIKE and Home Depot.
Now that you’ve read all about their great Back To School Kit, I’m sure you’d like one! The Sustainable Group has agreed to give one lucky PND reader!
HOW TO ENTER:
There are a few ways you can enter, leave separate comments for each entry.
Become a Confirmed Email Subscriber to PND.
- Confirm the email in your Inbox – check junk mail folder.
- Already a confirmed Subscriber. Leave a comment letting me know you’re subscriber and would like to enter.
1. Go to www.sustainablegroup.net – find a cool fact about their company and their green efforts and share it in a separate comment.
2. Stumble your favorite Pure Natural Diva post. Leave a comment with your name and the article you stumbled.
3. Follow @purenaturaldiva and @rebinder on twitter (use link on the sidebar). Leave your twittername in a separate comment.
4. Become a Fan of Pure Natural Diva on Facebook, already a fan – post this giveaway as an update, leave your FB Name or Name with a copy of your update in a separate comment.
5. Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @PureNaturalDiva – Green Back to school Giveaway – $40 Eco Friendly back to school kit – http://bit.ly/37P7Zr. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
6. Write a post on your blog linking to my blog and to the Sustainable Group website – Good for two entries. Leave this comment twice so you get two entries!
This giveaway will run through midnight on Sept 2, 2009 PDT, with winner being announced the morning of Sept 3, 2009. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
Check out more Green Back to School Tips!